And for good reason. For centuries this power-packed super-berry has been one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world. Native Americans were known to use it to treat infections, while the ancient Egyptians used it to heal burns and improve their complexions. It has even been traced back to Hippocrates, the ancient Greek known as the “father of medicine,” who described the plant as his “medicine chest” because of the berry’s wide array of health benefits.
- Rich in antioxidants - keep your immune system strong & hardy.
- High in Vitamins C, A & B, and potassium.
- Contain powerful, evidence based antiviral agents.
- Trusted studies show lessens cold/flu symptoms.
Now that the secret is out, the elderberry bandwagon is filling up and elderberry products are popping up on drugstore shelves, farmers markets and even on Facebook Marketplace. (Buyer beware.) While I'm thrilled that elderberry is on the mainstream radar and that it's finally being regulated not all elderberry products are created equal.
How are Sea Island Organics' elderberry products different?
- Trusted, certified, permitted, lab-tested, approved - We utilize the highest food handling safety and kitchen cleanliness protocols mandated by the state (DHEC), the South Carolina Department of Agriculture and ServSafe®, a food safety program accredited by U.S. Restaurant Association, ANSI, and the Conference for Food Protection.
- Designated as a beneficial FOOD, not an FDA-regulated supplement.
- First CERTIFIED SC PRODUCTS in the state in the elderberry category. This means the South Carolina Department of Agriculture has carefully inspected our process, our products are third-party lab-tested. From the Certified SC site: "When you buy Certified SC products, not only are you supporting local farms and farmers, you’re purchasing goods that are fresher, tastier and healthier. We’re lucky to have an amazing variety, and they’re all grown, harvested, raised, and made right here." Look for the green seal!
- Freshly made in small batches every week to ensure maximum potency and deliciousness
- Crafted with care in Charleston, SC. We're truly local!
- Produced with best mix of premium certified organic ingredients - only 6 wholesome ingredients in our syrup!
- NO artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or thickeners. (Nothing artificial. EVER.)
- Created by a culinary educator, nutritionist, and mom - good-for-you food should taste good too. (Kid approved!)
And you can TASTE the difference too. Fresh is always better than tired, dead products that sit on the shelf for months.